Getting all the facts straight when visiting a care home is necessary to make an informed decision for your elderly loved one. Being ready with all your questions is a very useful idea, so you can have that clarity after your visit. Choosing your care home is a big decision, after all, that involves a multitude of factors. In the Sunshine Coast area, Arcare, a provider of aged care Peregian Springs, has started to take a considerable boom due to the increasing number of awareness from among those living within the area. From only a few numbers in 2013, aged care in Peregian Springs has immensely grown in popularity in the neighbouring areas of Peregian Beach, Twin Waters, Coolum Beach, Noosa Heads, Noosaville, and Tewantin mainly because of the Arcare signature 5-star residential facility.
Now, during your visit, here are some of the questions you would want to get answers to:
- How much are the fees and what are the inclusions? – It is vital to understand the budgetary requirements, so as not to break the bank due to charges that you do not expect. Some care homes may not be as transparent with their billing structure, and it can be a cause of stress once you get that bill. Don’t be shy on asking about death fees inclusion, although it may seem a bit uncomfortable.
- What activities can be expected? – Maintaining an excellent quality of life is essential for every Peregian Springs aged care. That is why residential facilities make it a point to include holistic activities and enrichment programmes for the residents. Pets are always welcome as well as other social and leisure activities. They get engaged in their hobbies of choice and even provision regular bus trips to interesting places.
- What kinds of food are served and what are the mealtimes like? – Food and mealtime routines are ensured to meet the individual’s requirements. Those who provide aged care Peregian Springs has believe that mealtimes are a special opportunity for residents to maintain familiar and important links with the past, so families are sometimes welcomed during resident meal times.
- What is the patient vs team member ratio? – This is also highly important since residents should get the ample care they need. Well rested team members mean lower turnover rate, ensuring that they can build that necessary relationships with the residents through tenure. Finding out the team members’ turnover rate can give you a good insight about the environment and is a good indicator of the continuity of care offered.
- If you decide to leave the care facility, what is the notice period requirement? – Even after taking the right precautionary measure, some details may fall outside of your hands. You may find that the care home is not suitable as you originally thought it is or may need another choice due to some circumstances that have arisen. In this case, it is important to know the notice required to avoid confusion and make the transition as smooth sailing as possible. For more information about the aged care provided by Arcare in Peregian Springs, visit https://arcare.com.au/qld-aged-care/arcare-peregian-springs/.